Meditate with Confidence
Yoga techniques to support your meditation practice
With the use of traditional yoga practices this online resource offers practical support and encouragement to those who wish to develop a regular meditation practice.
For many people it can be challenging trying to develop a meditation practice, both physically and mentally. Yoga offers a variety of tried and tested preparations and practices to those who seek the benefits of meditation. Complete beginners as well as more experienced practitioners are most welcome.
Guided programme and practices to help you establish an achievable and effective meditation practice.
- Breathing practices to help you release mental tension and develop a 'meditative approach'.
- Joint releasing sequences to help you release physical and mental tension and develop a 'meditative approach'. This practice is also recommended for arthritic and cardiovascular conditions. The movements are slow and gentle and therefore suitable for complete beginners and those with conditions for which strenuous exercise is not advised.
- Sitting practice to help you overcome physical discomfort in meditation postures.
- Meditation techniques to help you overcome external and internal distraction.
- Deep relaxation techniques to help you manage your energy levels, sleep better and develop a 'meditative approach'.
Please click the link below if you would like to go to my website and read testimonials from over 300 people who have attended my courses on yoga and meditation;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Testimonials <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Acknowledgments to my teachers and spiritual friends:
Johnny Glover has been teaching yoga and meditation since 2001. He first qualified as a Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Therapy and Training Centre (YTTC) in Northern Ireland where he later qualified as a Yoga Therapist. Wishing to deepen his experiential understanding of yoga he went on to complete a two-year teaching training programme at Mandala Yoga Ashram in Wales.
Johnny is aware of the personal transformation that meditation and mindfulness can bring about and is grateful for the guidance from his main teachers who are Swami Nishchalananda Saraswati and Choje Lama Yeshe Losal Rinpoche. Johnny shares the practices with an open heart, encouraging participants to do what they can with awareness and acceptance.
Johnny has been delivering yoga for meditation weekends and courses at Kagyu Samye Ling Tibetan Buddhist Monastery and Centre for World Peace and Health since 2003.
StartWhere to Start ? (2:36)
StartIntroduction to Asana and Pawanmuktasana
StartPawanmuktasana Series One
StartPawanmuktasana Series One Toes and Ankles (6:24)
StartPawanmuktasana Series One Knees and Hips (9:06)
StartPawanmuktasana Series One Fingers, Thumbs and Wrists (7:25)
StartPawanmuktasana Series One Elbows, Shoulders and Neck (13:27)